Don’t take my word for it; I asked some of the most successful, well-respected, best-of-the-best professional organizers and experts in their particular fields to name three of their most trusted, must-have, very favorite organizing tools and I’ve collected and posted their responses below.
Remember to pin these to your Pinterest boards!
One quick tip, before I begin. If you want several free, exceedingly detailed, and comprehensive lists, please consider enrolling in two classes I teach for the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) L1-001 and L1-104. Both classes are offered in live teleclass format (call-in, from your own phone) as well as on-demand (learn when it is convenient for you). L1-104 is designed for new and prospective professional organizers or organizers who may have missed some of the basics on how to start an organizing business. These NAPO classes deliver a lot of bang for the buck: anecdotes, tips, techniques and suggestions for launching and growing your organizing business and, it includes several tool kits. For advice on which specific tools you should have for your organizing business, book a 1 on 1 Ask Me Anything Call.
Below are tools, that according to my successful organizing colleagues, are their very favorites. It’s no surprise that most of these organizers prefer the most simple, basic tools to help their clients get organized.
Many thanks to my wonderfully generous colleagues for sharing their favorite organizing tools. Please explore their websites and blogs:
- Barry Izsak, CPO, CRTS Owner, Arranging It All – Austin, TX
- Cassie Tillett Working Order, Norwich · Norfolk (United Kingdom)
- Ellen Delap CPO and Family Manager Coach, Professional Organizer.com – Houston, TX
- Helene Segura, M.A. Ed., CPO Author, Speaker, LivingOrder® – San Antonio, TX
- Janice Russell, CPO-CD, COC Minding Your Matters – Cary, NC
- Janine Adams, CPO, CPO-CD, Peace of Mind Organizing – St. Louis, MO
- Jeri Dansky – Jeri Dansky Professional Organizer – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Jill Chivers Creator – Shop Your Wardrobe | My Year Without Clothes Shopping – Australia
- Julie Bestry, CPO, Best Results Organizing – Chattanooga, TN
- Julie Seibert Owner Healing through Organization, LLC – Cary, NC
- Katherine D. Anderson, CPO-CD Anderson Organizing Systems – Albuquerque, NM
- Leslie Josel Principal, Order Out of Chaos – Larchmont, NY
- Linda Samuels, CPO-CD Oh, So Organized! – Croton on Hudson, NY
- Deb Lee, CPO SOHOTechTraining.com – Upper Marlboro, MD
- Regina F. Lark, Ph.D.,CPO A Clear Path: Professional Organizing – Los Angeles, CA
Shop for organizing tools in these stores:
- The Container Store
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Office Depot
- Stack and Stacks
- Ultimate Office