This week we return to scheduling tasks for the public areas of your home (rooms seen by guests) with a weekly chore list specific for these areas.
You can alternate the cleaning of public and private areas, keeping a more doable cleaning schedule for yourself and your family. The advantage of using a list is two-fold; you won’t forget anything and chores can be divided by family members.
- Shake out doormat
- Recycle old newspaper/magazines
- Polish furniture
- Sweep fireplace
- Picture frames, ceiling fan, lamps, lamp shades and window treatments
- Under sofa
- Beneath sofa cushions
- Disinfect fridge handle, microwave handle, other doorknobs in house and phones
- Edit old/expired fridge and pantry contents
- Sweep and mop floor
- Launder kitchen towels and potholders
- Cook top
- Inside of microwave
- Inside fridge
- Dinner menus for the week
- Grocery list
Check out my weekly tasks for other rooms in your home.