Seasonal House Chores Printables Series
The Tiny Tasks I’ve outlined over the past few weeks, when completed regularly, (daily, weekly or monthly) will go a long way towards keeping your home organized, clean and tidy. I’ve created a series of house chores printables to help you keep your home well maintained and organized.
Other chores need only be done once a year, or seasonally, but are equally important. To get you started, here are a few tasks that should be done as you prepare for the long, dark, winter months.
Seasonal Fall/Winter Chores
- Check windows and doors for air leaks
- Automate energy savings by programing your thermostat to lower temperatures while away at work or on vacation
- Hire a chimney sweep for an inspection and cleaning
- Replace furnace filters
- Clean and screen gutters
- Empty hoses by shutting off valves that control water flow to spigots; then open them to drain water remaining in pipes and hoses
- Rake leaves to avoid attracting rodents
- Check flashing around chimneys and skylights on the roof
- Water heater blankets conserve energy and are available at big box retail stores
- Annual termite inspection (Visit Pestworld to find an expert)
Next week, I’ll wrap up this series with some seasonal chores for specific rooms in your home.