9 Ways to Improve Your Life with Feng Shui
Perhaps some of these ideas can inspire you…
- Begin by acknowledging the 3-5 greatest loves of your life. Then kindly say “no” to everything else-people, requests, commitments, social engagements, etc.
- Welcome your brand new day by greeting the first hour doing exactly what inspires, blesses and adjusts your energy for vitality, wonder and happiness. Maybe that’s meditation, movement, journaling, aromatherapy bathing, offerings at your altar, walking in nature, dancing or chanting-whatever it is for YOU. End your day the same way, with the last hour before you sleep filled with meaningful quiet (no computers or cell phones or work).
- Make a list of your top three energy drains (physical clutter, emotions, mental activity, habits, mindsets or people) in your life. Open your calendar and schedule time each week this month to clear them.
- Take mini-sabbaticals from the noise and sensory overload. Choose one day each week to take time off from things such as watching or reading the news; tv and dvds; electronics; your computer; social networking and so on.
- Simplify and delegate wherever possible–house cleaning, grocery shopping, errands. Have things delivered. Take public transport. Walk.
- Have fewer things. Make space. Clear any clutter. Shop less.
- Go more slowly.
- Rest more. Take breaks. Nap. Go to bed earlier (by 11pm, the Hour of the Rat). Take a moment to deeply breathe.
- Be more quiet. Talk less. Have minutes or hours or days of silence. Walk by yourself in nature.