The Terms of the Trade (TOT), and the editable New Organizers’ Essentials (NOE) kit were designed so that aspiring professional organizers, like you, have what you need as you begin your entrepreneurial adventure. If you want to become literate in the language of business the two Terms of the Trade glossaries are the place to start.
“Geralin’s Grand Brand Plan,” is a free downloadable checklist that will help you brand your business to attract and maintain loyal clients.
And, please consider the ultimate, best-selling, dynamic duo which includes one Ask Me Anything Coaching Call + a New Organizers’ Essentials kit. Purchase them together to accelerate your start-up and, save money.
I’m all about theory, practical application, and learning the nuts and bolts before jumping into the deep end with clients. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and my solutions for aspiring professional organizers.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers with Geralin Thomas
- “Is there a test or quiz to help me figure out if I have what it takes to become a PO?”
- Yes. Here is a free downloadable quiz.
- “Do you have a new business checklist for professional organizers?”
- Yes, I do. Here are the first 6 steps for starting a professional organizing business.
- “How much does it cost to start an organizing business?”
- “Which questions should I be prepared to answer when prospects call?”
- See my free checklist on common questions clients ask when hiring a professional organizer.
- “Is there a process for onboarding new clients?”
- Yes! Here is a checklist with a step-by-step process to onboard new clients.
- “Do I need business insurance?”
- Yes, you do. Read how to get the best insurance coverage for your business and how to determine your insurance needs when hiring contractors.
Branding + Marketing
- “How’s my branding? Does my website/slide deck/logo look okay?”
- Here is a checklist for “Geralin’s Grand Brand Plan” for professional organizers.
- “How do I write mission and vision statements?”
- Start with this article on mission + vision statements.
- “I’m about to create my first website; what do I need to know?”
- Read this article on creating your first website.
- “Can I use a business name that’s already used in another state?”
- Read this article on naming your business.
Rates + Fees
- “How much should I charge?”
- Read this article on what organizers around the country charge for their services.
- “I want to sell organizing products and earn extra income. What do I need to know?”
- Learn more in this article about affiliate programs.
- “I’m not great at bookkeeping; what’s your advice?”
- Read this article about hiring a bookkeeper
- “I’m going to be speaking to a group of businesspeople. How much should I charge?”
- Here is how to determine a fee for public speaking.
Entrepreneurship Essentials: Start here. Start now. And let it be easy.
My mission is to help you get from where you are now, to doing work that excites you and earns money. I’m known for being effective and efficient and helping organizers create better businesses. I am always respectful regarding what’s best for your bottom line, both short- and long-term. So, now you’re wondering where to begin. This is the question of many aspiring professional organizers. There’s no right or wrong way. I mean, it’s your business. You can do as you please. However, there is an easy, less stressful way to start. Keep reading.
3 Suggestions for Aspiring Professional Organizers
- Begin by talking the talk. My first suggestion is to purchase the very affordable glossaries or Terms of the Trade because to learn the industry, you will need to learn the lingo. There are two versions of Terms of the Trade: standard and hoarding. Even if you think you’ll never work with clients who have a hoarding disorder, it’s expected that you’ll be familiar with the terms.
- Next, check out “Geralin’s Grand Brand Plan.” This is a free downloadable checklist to use before you select colors for your brand, build a website, decide on a business name, or write content for your marketing materials. It’s a mini style and branding guide created especially for professional organizers. In addition, I invite you to view videos I created for new professional organizers on my YouTube channel to help clarify communications related to business branding, marketing, sales, advertising and public relations.
- Finally, be strategic and invest wisely! One Ask Me Anything Coaching Call and a New Organizers’ Essentials kit if purchased separately would cost $255.00 but when you bundle, you save. The total cost of purchasing these two best sellers together is only $230.00; that’s a savings of $25.00! When you purchase my products and services you are receiving reliable information, from a well-respected person (me!) who has been in the organizing industry since 2002. I have hundreds of testimonials from clients and students. My materials are professionally designed and updated regularly. Rich in detail and comprehensive in scope; you’ll grow into them instead of outgrowing them.
*Ask Me Anything calls are sold one at a time. That means there are no expensive packages or long-term contracts. We work together at a pace that suits your timing and your budget. If you’ve sat through numerous “sage on the stage” webinars and conference sessions but want more meaningful discussions with context, let’s talk. AMA calls are available for residents of the USA and Canada.
Summarizing the 3-Step Plan for Building a Successful Business
- Communicate clearly. Purchase both glossaries made for organizers, designed by an organizer. The Terms of the Trade can be saved and used as a resource for years to come.
- Create a grand brand plan before building your website or hiring a website designer.
- Jot down all your questions and book a 60-minute private Ask Me Anything Career Coaching Call. I’ll help you “master faster” and then you can customize the New Organizers Essentials kit which includes all the business forms and quick-start tips you’ll need to jump-start your business.
Terms of the Trade General Organizing Edition + Hoarding Edition
In order to talk the talk, you’ll need to use all of the appropriate terms, abbreviations, and acronyms. Purchase both editions – standard and hoarding and save.
Ask Me Anything Career Coaching Call + New Organizers’ Essentials Kit
Bundle and save when purchasing both, the 1-hour AMA career coaching call with Geralin, and the NOE business kit which includes forms, templates, and checklists.