Over the years, I’ve received thousands of questions from new and aspiring professional organizers who are inspired by home organizing magazines, books, and television make-over shows. New professional organizers wonder what the industry is really like and what it takes to become a successful professional organizer. Below I’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions about becoming a professional organizer and my answers. If you’re serious about becoming a professional organizer and starting a home organizing business, let’s talk! Use this link to schedule a free 15-minute no-obligation consultation call.
Frequently Asked Questions for New Professional Organizers
- “Is there a quiz to help me figure out if I have what it takes to become a professional organizer?”
- Yes. Here is a free downloadable quiz.
- “Where can I find your step-by-step business checklist for new professional organizers?”
- “How much does it cost to start a home organizing business?”
- “Which questions should I be prepared to answer when prospective clients call?”
- See my free checklist on common questions clients ask when hiring a professional organizer.
- “How do professional organizers onboard new clients?”
- Here is a checklist with a step-by-step process to onboard new clients.
- “As a professional organizer, do I need business insurance?”
- Yes, you do. Read how to get the best insurance coverage for your business and how to determine your insurance needs when hiring contractors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Marketing + Branding for New Professional Organizers
- “How’s my branding? In your opinion, does my website/slide deck/logo/social media look okay?”
- Here is a checklist for “Geralin’s Grand Brand Plan” created for new professional organizers.
- “How do professional organizers write their mission and vision statements for business?”
- Start with this article on mission + vision statements.
- “Regarding my first website… what do I need to know?”
- Read this article on creating your first website.
- “As a professional organizer, can I use a business name already in use in another state?”
- Read this article on naming your business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rates + Fees for Aspiring Professional Organizers
- “I’m a new professional organizer. How much should I charge clients?”
- Explore this article on what organizers around the country charge for their services.
- “I want to sell home organizing [related] products. What do I need to know?”
- Learn more in this article about affiliate programs.
- “I’m really good at home organizing but not good at bookkeeping; what’s your advice?”
- Read this article about hiring a bookkeeper.
- “I’ve been asked to speak to a small group; they asked what my speaking fee is. How much should I charge?”
- Here is how to determine a fee for public speaking.
Become a Professional Organizer. Start Here. Right Now. Here’s How:
- Purchase the Terms of the Trade glossary for professional organizers because you need to build your organizing vocabulary and understand the most commonly used words in the industry and the abbreviations and acronyms.
- Invest in one Ask Me Anything Coaching Call and the New Organizers’ Essentials kit. The NOE kit is rich in detail and comprehensive in scope so that you’ll grow into it instead of outgrowing it. Read how the NOE kit and AMA Coaching Call combo have helped others.
- If you’re looking for an accountability partner, purchase four Ask Me Anything Coaching Calls and get a fifth call free.
- If you’re still unsure how to proceed, let’s meet on Zoom and strategize. Aspiring professional organizers can schedule a free 15-minute no-obligation consultation.
Clear Direction and Invaluable Benefit
I scheduled a few private coaching sessions with Geralin and set a financial goal for my company that seemed way out there — like something we could get to in three years, maybe. If the planets aligned. Well, when I reconciled the books for the year, we met the goal thanks to the clear direction and invaluable benefit of Geralin's experience.
Save $25.00 when you bundle one Ask Me Anything Coaching Call and a New Organizers’ Essentials kit. Pay that savings forward to purchase the Terms of the Trade. This offer is available only to residents in the USA and Canada.
Terms of the Trade: The Essential Glossary for Organizing + Productivity Consultants
Over 280 terms, abbreviations, and acronyms used in the organizing industry.