Over the years, I’ve received thousands of questions from new and aspiring professional organizers who are inspired by home-organizing magazines, books, and television make-over shows. Questions like these are common: How do I start a professional organizing business? What education do I need to be a professional organizer? Can I make a living as a professional organizer? Is there a demand for professional organizers? How much should I charge as a professional organizer? How do professional organizers get clients? Aspiring professional organizers wonder what the industry is really like and what it takes to become a successful professional organizer. Below I’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions about becoming a professional organizer and answers. If you’re an aspiring professional organizer and serious about starting a home organizing business, let’s talk! Use this link to schedule a free 15-minute no-obligation consultation call.
Frequently Asked Questions About How Becoming a Professional Organizer
- “Where is the quiz to help me figure out if I have what it takes to become a professional organizer?”
- Here is a free downloadable quiz.
- “Where is the step-by-step business blueprint/checklist for becoming a professional organizer?”
- “How much does it cost to become a professional organizer?”
- “Which questions should I be prepared to answer when prospective clients call?”
- See my free checklist of common questions clients ask when hiring a professional organizer.
- “How do professional organizers onboard new clients?”
- Here is a checklist with a step-by-step process to onboard new clients.
- “Do professional organizers need business insurance?”
- Yes. Read how to get the best insurance coverage for your business and how to determine your insurance needs when hiring contractors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Marketing + Branding for Aspiring Professional Organizers
- “How’s my branding? In your opinion, does my website/slide deck/logo/social media look okay?”
- Here is a checklist for “Geralin’s Grand Brand Plan” created for new professional organizers.
- “How do professional organizers write their mission and vision statements for business?”
- Start with this article on mission + vision statements.
- “Regarding my first website… what do I need to know?”
- Read this article on creating your first website.
- “As a professional organizer, can I use a business name if another organizer is using it?”
- Read this article on naming your business.
Questions About Income + Expenses, Rates + Fees for Aspiring Professional Organizers
- “How much do new professional organizers charge clients?”
- Explore this article on what organizers around the country charge for their services.
- “I want to sell organizing products. What do I need to know?”
- Learn more in this article about affiliate programs.
- “I’m really good at home organizing but not good at bookkeeping; what’s your advice?”
- Read this article about hiring a bookkeeper.
- “I’ve been asked to speak to a small group; how much do organizers charge to speak?”
- Here is how to determine a fee for public speaking.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Processes for New Professional Organizers
- “How do pro organizers onboard new clients?”
- Here are my suggestions to build a strong onboarding process.
- “How do pro organizers follow up with clients?”
- Here is how to nurture relationships with existing clients with a good follow-up process.
- “How can I make sure I deliver high-quality service as my company grows?”
- Consistent procedures are essential. Here’s what to include in your operations manual.
Aspiring Professional Organizers Start Here and Now. Here’s How:
Here’s the link to schedule a free 15-minute no-obligation consultation.
Stuck Without You
Geralin, you’re so upbeat. My website is up. I’ve designed my stationery. Joined my local NAPO chapter. And, I’m scheduled to give a seminar. I’d still be stuck if it weren’t for you! ~ Lasar McCabe, Professional Organizer
If you’re serious about a career in the organizing industry, here’s what you’ll need to succeed: an Ask Me Anything Coaching Call and the New Organizers’ Essentials bundle (below on the right) plus, the Terms of the Trade Glossary (below on the left) for a total investment of only $255.00! These items are available in the USA and Canada.
Terms of the Trade: The Essential Glossary for Organizing + Productivity Consultants
Over 300 terms, abbreviations, and acronyms used in the organizing industry.
Ask Me Anything Coaching Call + New Organizers’ Essentials Kit
One 60-minute coaching call with Geralin, and the NOE kit of business forms.
Sold Separately $255.00 Bundled Price $230.00
You Save $25.00
Ask Me Anything Call - Details
New Organizers' Essentials - Details