A Collection of the Most Loved Organizing Tools in Professional Organizers’ Toolkits
Originally Published Mar. 13, 2013
Don’t take my word for it; I asked some of the most successful, well-respected, best-of-the-best professional organizers (organisers, with an “s” for those of you in the UK or down-under) and experts in their particular fields to name three of their most trusted, must-have, very favorite organizing tools and I’ve collected and posted their responses below.
Don’t forget to pin these to your Pinterest boards!
One quick tip, before I begin — If you want several free, exceedingly detailed, and comprehensive lists, please consider enrolling in two classes I teach for the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) PO-001 and PO-104. Both classes are offered in live teleclass format (call-in, from your own phone) as well as on-demand (learn when it is convenient for you). PO-104 is designed for new and prospective professional organizers or organizers who may have missed some of the basics on how to start an organizing business. These NAPO classes deliver a lot of bang for the buck: anecdotes, tips, techniques and suggestions for launching and growing your organizing business and, it includes several toolkits.
Below are tools, that according to my successful organizing colleagues, are their very favorites. It’s no surprise that most of these organizers prefer the most simple, basic tools to help their clients get organized.
Many thanks to my wonderfully generous colleagues for sharing their favorite organizing tools. Please explore their websites and blogs:
- Barry Izsak, CPO, CRTS Owner, Arranging It All Austin, TX
- Cassie Tillett Working Order, Norwich · Norfolk (United Kingdom)
- Ellen Delap CPO and Family Manager Coach, Professional Organizer.com – Houston, TX
- Helene Segura, M.A. Ed., CPO Author, Speaker, LivingOrder® – San Antonio, TX
- Jackie Hollywood Brown, J-Organize – Trenton, Ontario (Canada)
- Janice Russell, CPO-CD, COC Minding Your Matters – Cary, NC
- Janine Adams, CPO, CPO-CD, Peace of Mind Organizing – St. Louis, MO
- Jeri Dansky – Jeri Dansky Professional Organizer – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Jill Chivers Creator – Shop Your Wardrobe | My Year Without Clothes Shopping Australia
- Julie Bestry, CPO, Best Results Organizing, Chattanooga, TN
- Julie Seibert Owner Healing through Organization, LLC – Cary, NC
- Katherine D. Anderson, CPO-CD Anderson Organizing Systems – Albuquerque, NM
- Leslie Josel Principal, Order Out of Chaos – Larchmont, NY
- Linda Samuels, CPO-CD Oh, So Organized! – Croton on Hudson, NY
- Deb Lee, CPO SOHOTechTraining.com – Upper Marlboro, MD
- Regina F. Lark, Ph.D.,CPO A Clear Path: Professional Organizing, Los Angeles, CA
Shop for organizing tools in these stores:
- The Container Store
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Office Depot
- Stack and Stacks
- Ultimate Office
For additional comprehensive resources, forms, tips, and one-on-one phone coaching, check out my website. Answers to all of your organizing questions are only a phone call or a click away!