Preparing for a Hurricane
June 1st is the official start of hurricane season and as we all know, it’s better to prepare ahead.
Here you’ll find links on how to get organized and prepare for a hurricane – so you’ll be ready for the unexpected.
1. Register your Next of Kin: http://www.nokr.org/nok/restricted/home.htm
The Next Of Kin Registry (NOKR) was established as a FREE tool for daily emergencies and national disasters. NOKR is the central depository for emergency contact information in the United Sates and 87 other countries. Established in January 2004 as a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to bridging rapid contact information in daily emergency situations, NOKR can assist if you are injured or if a family member is missing, injured or deceased.
2. Hurricane Tracking: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Track a hurricane’s path, speed and receive up-to-date advice through this website.
3. Organizing before a hurricane: http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
All the information you will need on how to be prepared for a hurricane BEFORE it lands.
4. Organizing during a hurricane: http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
What to do during a hurricane and information on when to evacuate.
5. Organizing tips from the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/
Complete information and guides on how to be prepared for any emergency and disaster.
6. Last but not least, don’t forget to make arrangements for your pets: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/animal_rescue/tips/pets-disaster.html
A guide to get your pets through disaster time safely.
For additional safety and preparedness tips and resources, check out these additional articles from my website: