Did you notice the colors used on this website? There’s a lot of information for you to explore but, before you read another word let me point out that, for your convenience, this website is color-coded.
All Green/Blue/Teal colored items on this website are for those who want information related to home organization: bedroom, bathroom, closet, entryway, mudroom, garage, basement, kitchen, pantry and/or laundry room.
Click on the “Managing Modern Life BLOG” tab and note the colorful icons on the left side of the page. Everything is color coded. Oh, and the “Free Printables” tab has color-coded freebies for you too! Be sure to check those out.
If you’re here because you want to learn more about how to organize your Raleigh-area home, keep reading.
Do you struggle with having a cluttered, disorganized home? Are you wasting time every day looking for things? Do you feel ashamed or avoid having guests over? Wouldn’t it be nice to feel organized instead of feeling like you’re constantly catching up?
Time and space are precious commodities. You can’t make more of them, but you can manage them.
We’re here to help!
We provide professional home organizing and decluttering services in Raleigh and Cary, NC.
We encourage our clients to think about these three statements as they declutter:
- Love what you keep, keep only what you love.
- Use it or lose it.
- When in doubt, throw it out.
We can help you organize your kitchen to regain its place as the workable, welcoming hub of your home’s busy activities. We create savvy kitchen storage spaces that will optimize your productivity.
- Organize silverware, dishware and glassware at optimal locations
- Organize drawers to easily find utensils and other content
- Arrange cabinets to maximize their usefulness
- Declutter gadgets you haven’t used in years
Also, we can ensure that the contents of your refrigerator and pantry are fresh and usable. We declutter and organize these spaces using the latest in food storage systems – products that last forever and won’t melt in your dishwasher or microwave. Fresh and tasty food awaits.
Garage, Attic + Basement Organization
Wouldn’t it be nice to see what you have stored in these spaces and reach items easily? We can help you organize your garage, attic, and basement. We can view your possessions objectively, which helps us to be rigorous in de-cluttering these caverns of clutter. We’ll help you maximize your storage space; keeping only the items that you really need and want for the future.
- Decide what to sell, what to donate and what to keep
- Suggest (or buy for you) usable, workable containers that categorize your belongings
- Label and arrange containers
- Create a logical organizational system so that you can put decorations, luggage, or keepsake treasures in the same place from year to year
Note: Because most attics, basements and garages are not air-conditioned or heated, we organize these areas during temperature-friendly times of the year.
An organized home office or small business will run more efficiently and productively. Eliminating the clutter will eliminate the distractions. Here’s what we can do to help.
- Organize products and tools
- Manage or modify schedules and time allocations
- Set up efficient storage systems
- Improve space planning
- Present or display memorabilia
- Guide delegation and outsourcing
- Design business seminars, workshops, and presentations
- Enhance your professional image
In addition to the professional services we offer to small office owners, we’re expert at suggesting high-impact ideas to address the unique needs of home offices. We can:
- Create newfound workable space
- Establish organizational systems fitted to unique businesses
- Install efficient shelving and storage systems
- Help with projects on an as-needed basis
We’re Networked: Using Outside Consultants
Your business is engaged and involved in operations that may be outside our realm of expertise as professional organizers. However, in helping you to organize your surroundings and enhance your professional image, Metropolitan Organizing ® often suggests consultants who do have specialization in areas where you may need help, and that complement our organizational skills. To maximize your business potential, we can work with outside professionals, such as:
- Tax consultants
- Computer consultants
- Financial advisors
Tap our expertise, and create an inspiring work area so that you can easily get down to business.
We’ve helped busy corporate executives, stay-at-home parents and small business owners learn to manage their time more wisely. We can help you, too. We’ll maximize your personal productivity as we:
- Change your to-do list to a did-do list
- Eliminate clutter and declutter
- Organize and consolidate tasks by category
- Optimize your peak performance time
- Identify your priorities
- Help you practice the art of saying “no” (We think it’s the single most effective time management tool there is!)
- Teach you to focus on one task at a time
An ordered mindset naturally leads to an ordered environment; you’ll soon find yourself decluttering, putting things away where they belong and easily finding them again next time. You’ll be amazed by the time and energy you save. Relax and enjoy the life you’ve worked so hard to create for you and your family.
Organizing Paperwork + Filing Systems
For your small or home office, we’ll show you what papers to keep, what to copy and what to shred. When we finish the job, you’ll be able to quickly locate legal records, tax returns, stock certificates, immunization records, school records and other important documents using a filing system designed to fit your unique needs.
- Filing, Receipts, Mail + Paper Organization
- Design workable filing systems
- Improve paper management
- Set up bill payment schedules
- Establish mail processing systems
We have relationships with high-end retailers who sell distinctive products you won’t find anywhere else, but we also know our way around your local office supply superstore. Whatever your style and budget, we can recommend excellent products to fit your filing and storage needs.
A closet is a clutter magnet, whether you are a stay at home mom or a metropolitan gal. There are many techniques and products available to help out once you get in the right mindset and jump in. We can help! We will help you get rid of the clutter in your closet. No long-lost art projects, photo albums, or rolls of paper towels bought on a bulk shopping spree.
- Decide what to sell, what to donate and what to keep
- Suggest (or buy for you) usable, workable closet storage options
- Label and arrange containers
- Set up a logical organizational system so that you can put decorations, luggage, or keepsake treasures in the same place from year to year
Honestly, I didn't know companies like Metropolitan Organizing existed. My experience with the company and the people who work there has been extraordinary!
It started over 7 years ago when I first moved to Apex, NC from Florida. I had 25 years of "stuff" accumulated and we were moving into a greatly downsized home. I was totally overwhelmed and demoralized.
Metropolitan was amazing. Everything they do is personally tailored to your needs. When they were finished, my home, even the garage, looked perfect. AND, most importantly, they motivated ME to work with them and actually get rid of unnecessary things I had been hanging on to with no good reason.
Since then, I have continued to work with them and currently have an appointment set up for February. Wonderful, wonderful people who keep you on track with your organization and help you get rid of the everday clutter that just seems to accumulate.
Unless your home is perfectly organized everywhere and always company-ready, you NEED Metropolitan Organizing! Extremely competent and professional. You won't be disappointed!
Professional and Flexible
We have worked with Metropolitan Organizing ® over the past 18 months, and achieved more than we ever expected. We really appreciate their work as we have been able to accomplish a level of organizing that saves us time and makes our day-to-day life more convenient.
The combination of compassion and focus has allowed us to make decisions during the sessions without feeling pressured. We have found the Metropolitan Organizing ® team to be professional and flexible in working with us to effectively meet our goals. It has been well worth the investment to be able to enjoy our home!