5 Success Tips
I love collecting quotes. They inspire, delight, and connect our experiences with others. Since I’m writing this month about organizing success secrets, I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes about success with you.
1. Action- A lot of thinking, planning, and dreaming goes into the success we desire. Contemplating is not enough. Forward motion with actual steps is essential. We may wish to have less clutter in our lives, but without sorting that pile of clothes on the bedroom floor or stack of papers on the desk, the wish remains just that.
“Action is the foundational key to all success.” ~Pablo Picasso
2. Attitude- Our self-talk and determination directly influence our success. Are you saying encouraging thoughts or is negativity and doubt getting in your way? Do you tell yourself that you’ve never been able to organize, so nothing will ever change? Or are you telling yourself that while you’ve been challenged in the past, you are working on moving forward with a different result?
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” ~Abraham Lincoln
3. Trust- We often become paralyzed by action because we’re waiting for all the i’s to be dotted and the t’s to be crossed. Sometimes we have to just trust that if we move forward towards our goals, despite the less than perfect conditions, we will be successful. Perhaps you’re waiting for days of uninterrupted time to start that organizing project. Learn to master the minutes and work in smaller increments. Work with what you do have to accomplish something.
“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
4. Perseverance- Instant success rarely exists. In this time where so many of us expect instant everything, remember that there will be mishaps and disappointments on the way to success. Do not give up. Use the difficulties for strength and learning. Especially is you’re organizationally challenged, setting up systems and creating the right balance will not be a straight trajectory. Expect the ups and downs along the way.
“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” ~Dale Carnegie
5. Growth- We have the ability to learn, strive and grow. Hopefully we’re never really done. There will always be new paths to explore and ideas to incorporate. Be grateful for the journey.
“The road to success is always under construction.” ~Lily Tomlin
Do you have any favorite quotes about life and success? Please share them along with your thoughts about success.
Linda Samuels, CPO-CD® is a compassionate, enthusiastic professional organizer and coach, founder of Oh, So Organized!, author of The Other Side of Organized, and blogger on organizing and life balance. In addition to hands-on organizing, Linda presents seminars, coaches, writes, and consults to and mentors other professional organizers. She has been featured in The New York Times, Woman’s Day, Bottom Line Personal, Westchester Magazine and Everyday with Rachael Ray. She is a favorite radio guest and was recently interviewed on Martha Stewart Living Radio.
Linda is offering Metropolitan Organizing ® readers a free e-newsletter about organizing and life balance, along with a bonus “Organizing Tip 101” series. To receive your monthly infusion of inspiration and motivation, click here: http://theothersideoforganized.com